Competition Terms & Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these Conditions carefully before using the Website and/or entering the Competition.
- The terms “StopTheDrop”, “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the Website/promoter of the Competition, StopTheDrop Initiative, c/o JonesAV Ltd, Das Bank, 1-3 Westbourne Road, Birkenhead, CH41 4FN. The term “you” refers to you as a user or viewer of our Website and/or as an entrant to the Competition. The term “Parties” shall be used to refer to both us and you together.
- In these Conditions (except where the context otherwise requires) the following words shall have the following meanings:
|Closing Date||26 April 2020 at 23.59 hours CET. After which date and time, no further entries to the Competition will per permitted;|
|Competition Category||The categories into which an Entrant may make an Entry; Most Economic Design, Most Fashionable Design; Most Innovative Design and / or Special Jury Award;|
|Entrant||Any person who enters the Competition through the Website to win the Prize, whose Entry has not been declared void;|
|Entry||The submission of a facemask mask design to enter the Competition (and Entries shall be construed accordingly);|
|Maximum Entries||The Entrant may submit a maximum of 3 Entries into the Competition;|
|Prize||Cash Prizes in total sum of 10,000 euro as set out at 6.2;|
|StopTheDrop||StopTheDrop Initiative, c/o JonesAV Ltd;|
|User||Any user who browses or uses the Website;|
|Valid Entry||An Entry which has been submitted and receipt of which StopTheDrop has confirmed by email to the Entrant and which have not been declared void (and Valid Entries shall be construed accordingly);|
|The website at URL: https://stopthedrop.today/design-competition/ ;|
|The ultimate winners of the Competition Categories being the Entrant(s) of a Valid Entry which is the best of each Competition Category in the opinion of the independent judges.|
In these Conditions (except where the context otherwise requires) use of the singular includes the plural and vice versa; use of any gender includes the other genders; any phrase introduced by the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular” or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms; and a reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to that statute or statutory provision and to all orders, regulations, instruments or other subordinate legislation made under the relevant statute.
In these Conditions any reference to notice by way of writing may include notice by StopTheDrop given by way of update to this Website.
3. General Conditions:
- The Competition is operated by StopTheDrop.
- The Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of agency, joint venture or partnership between StopTheDrop and an Entrant.
- StopTheDrop reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition and the Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, pandemic, epidemic, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation outside StopTheDrop’s control.
- StopTheDrop reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after an Entry has been received.
- Each User and Entrant shall retain a copy of the Conditions for their records.
4. Entry to the Competition:
The Competition is open to all persons excluding StopTheDrop, their family members, agents, professional advisers, or anyone else connected with the management of the Competition or Website.
Each Entry must be made via the Website. There is a 3 (three) Entry limit to the number of Entries that any one person may make.
Entries are personal to the Entrant and are not transferable.
Only Valid Entries will be entered into the Competition.
In order to enter the Competition, Entrants must submit all contact details and other information requested by StopTheDrop (which must include a valid e-mail address, UK postal address and telephone number).
Entry to the Competition and acceptance as a Valid Entry will be confirmed by email confirmation from StopTheDrop. The email will confirm the date and time of Entry, and the details of the Prize and that the Entry is a Valid Entry. An Entry shall not be a Valid Entry until such time as the Entrant has received the respective confirmatory email. All confirmatory emails should be sent within 2 working days of an Entry being received by StopTheDrop. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to retain a copy of the confirmatory email.
If a User who has attempted to enter the Competition has not received email confirmation from StopTheDrop within 7 (seven) days of submitting their Entry, it shall be deemed invalid. In such circumstances, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify StopTheDrop by the contact means provided.
All Users and Entrants shall warrant and undertake that the information provided shall be complete, true, current, accurate and not misleading. The Parties acknowledge and agree that StopTheDrop will have no liability for any incorrect information provided. In particular, StopTheDrop will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any User or Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information provided.
StopTheDrop reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant at its sole discretion if it believes the information provided is false, misleading, fraudulent, or there are reasonable grounds to believe that the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Conditions.
An Entry shall be declared void if the Entrant engages in any form of fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or concealment, hacking or unauthorised interference with the proper functioning of the Website, or any unauthorised use or amendments of any of the code that underlies the Website. By entering the Competition, the Entrant acknowledges and accepts the entry requirements and understands that they enter the Competition at their own risk if they are found not to meet those requirements.
All Users and Entrants shall ensure that any entry to the Competition by them shall not contravene any laws of the country in which they are situated at the time of entering the Competition. The Parties agree that StopTheDrop shall not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully.
The Parties agree and acknowledge that StopTheDrop shall have no liability for incomplete or failed Entries, failure in computer communications, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to Entries and/or the Website, technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions, virus, bugs, failure to receive Entry information by StopTheDrop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion affecting the entry collection process, any delayed Entries, hardware, software or systems failure, server faults, other malfunctions, high internet traffic or other technological reasons beyond StopTheDrop’s reasonable control.
The Parties agree and acknowledge that the facemasks are not designed to be used in medical and / or clinical settings and whilst designed to minimise the spread of infectious diseases, they cannot prevent it. No warranties or representations are given in relation to the above in relation to the fitness and quality of MFA1 or facemask entries and neither the entrants or StopTheDrop shall be liable for any non-compliance.
5. Competition Rules:
- In order to enter the Competition, an Entrant must complete an entry form providing StopTheDrop with details.
- In order to qualify as a potential winner of one of the Competition Categories, an Entrant must submit a facemask design which fulfils the following guidelines:
- help to protect by reducing the spread of droplets for the general public
- are cheap to produce;
- fast to produce and scale with commonly available 3D printers or machinery such as injection moulding;
- are lightweight;
- have an ergonomic fit;
- can be used with a selection of filter options;
- focused on coffee filter size materials to create a common form factor;
- with a frame that is easily washable whilst the filter is single use;
- must be easy to build / assemble without tools;
should ideally be environmentally friendly through minimal material use;
design can be scaled or available different sizes to fit children and adults;
- should have adjustable self fixing straps/fit;
- must be easy to distribute, flat-pack, letterbox friendly design;
stable and lasting; and
- a filter template should be available, for example in the MAF1, the inner section can be used as a template to cut the filtration material to size if not used with coffee filters.
- The Entrant agrees that the facemask entry must be available to all to
- share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- adapt, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, including commercially provided that it is on a not for profit basis.
- The Entrant confirms that:
- it has the power and authority to enter into the competition.
- It has full ownership of or title to any rights in the facemask entry.
- to the extent the Entrant is aware, the facemask entry does not (and use of the entry will not) infringe any rights (including in particular without limitation any intellectual property rights) of any third party.
- It waives, in respect of the facemask entry all moral rights and all rights to be identified as the author and all rights to object to derogatory treatment to which it may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- At the end of the Competition (after the closing date) the Valid Entries will be provided to an independent judge in the presence of an independent judging panel. The judge in their expert opinion will identify the Winner(s) (‘Expert Selection’).
- Entries shall be accepted until 23.59 hours CET on the Closing Date. StopTheDrop reserves the right to extend the Closing Date by up to a period of 1 Week.
- The judging panel’s opinion will be published within 14 (fourteen) days after the Closing Date and the Winner(s) will be notified by StopTheDrop by email or telephone at the contact details provided in the Entry within 14 (fourteen) days of the Closing Date.
- In the event that the Winner cannot be contacted by StopTheDrop using reasonable endeavours within 30 (thirty) days of the Closing Date, StopTheDrop may at its sole discretion withdraw the winning Entrant and name an alternatively judged Entrant with the next best Entry as the Winner.
- The Parties agree that any products designed or derived under the Competition must be sold or distributed on a not for profit basis.
- Provided that Valid Entries are entered, Cash Prizes in the total sum of 10,000 euro shall be awarded for each Competition Category.
- The Cash Prizes for each Competition Category are as follows:
Most Economic Design
1st prize 2000 Euro
2nd prize 1000 Euro
3rd prize 500 Euro
Most Fashionable design
1st prize 1000 Euro
2nd prize 650 Euro
3rd prize 350 Euro
Most Innovative design
1st prize 2000 Euro
2nd prize 1000 Euro
3rd prize 500 Euro
Special Jury award
- All Users and Entrants agree to StopTheDrop holding their personal data and acknowledge that StopTheDrop may use the Entrant’s contact details and other personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in order to conduct, administer, promote and publicise the Competition and administer the Website (in accordance with these Conditions).
- The Entrants and Users acknowledge and accept that StopTheDrop may (either by choice or at the request of third parties) provide their details to third parties including regulatory authorities for the prevention of fraud, money laundering, legal or other financial or regulatory reasons.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant’s personal data will be used to notify Entrants of: (i) receipt of their Valid Entry; (ii) the judge’s opinion after the Closing Date; (iii) notification of the Winner.
- StopTheDrop shall be entitled to publish the names of the Winner and any Finalists on the Website and any other forms of recognised media.
- StopTheDrop will obtain the consent of any Users or Entrants for any other use of their personal data.
8. Intellectual Property:
- StopTheDrop has designed and created the MAF1 as further described at: https://stopthedrop.today/facemask-maf-1-prototype/. To the extent StopTheDrop is aware, the MAF1 does not (and use of the entry will not) infringe any rights (including in particular without limitation any intellectual property rights) of any third party.
- StopTheDrop waives, in respect of the MAF1 all moral rights and all rights to be identified as the author and all rights to object to derogatory treatment to which it may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- StopTheDrop hereby grants a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the rights in the MAF1 and makes the MAF1 available to all to
- reproduce, reuse, share, copy and redistribute the MAF1 in whole or part in any medium or format;
- adapt, transform, and build upon the MAF1;
- produce, reproduced and share any work derived from or based upon the MAF1;
for any purpose, including commercially, provided that any third party who uses the MAF1 makes any derivation available to all on the same identical terms and provided that any MAF1 or work derived from or based upon the MAF1 must be sold or distributed on a not for profit basis.
- To the fullest extent possible in law, StopTheDrop and Entrant waive any right to collect royalties from in relation to the MAF1 or facemask entry, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme.
- To the fullest extent possible in law, nothing in this agreement shall constitute any representation or warranty that:
- any intellectual property right is valid;
- the exercise by any rights granted under this agreement will not infringe the rights of any person.
- If the Entrant makes, devises, discovers, or otherwise acquires rights in, any improvement, enhancement or modification the Entrant shall promptly notify StopTheDrop in writing, giving details of the Improvement and shall, if StopTheDrop so requests, provide such further information as reasonably required to be able effectively to evaluate the Improvement. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Entrant shall grant to StopTheDrop a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide irrevocable licence (together with the right to grant sub-licences) to use in any manner any improvement, enhancement or modification made, devised or discovered by the Entrant. Where not permitted by law, if the Entrant makes, devises, discovers, or otherwise acquires rights in, any improvement, enhancement or modification it shall enter into good faith negotiations with a view to granting to StopTheDrop a right to use such any improvement, enhancement or modification.
9. Other Issues:
- The Competition and these Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any disputes (including non-contractual disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any provision of these Conditions (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of this agreement, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected. If a provision of these Conditions (or part of any provision) is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
- StopTheDrop shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment whatsoever which may be suffered by any User or Entrant (including indirect or consequential loss) as a result of or in connection with or arising out of the Competition or as a result of the Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing shall exclude StopTheDrop’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from StopTheDrop’s negligence or for fraud.